Database

Epocs 23:09 18 Jun 2004

I have been asked to develop a database that also needs to analyse the information stored and to create graphs. I am thinking of doing it using HTML, PHP and MySQL, however the user does not want or need it to be online. However I cannot think of anything else to use, as Access/Excel would be too basic and I do not want to have to buy a program to use. Any suggestion on what I could use or do would be appreciated.

Epocs 00:06 19 Jun 2004

Any ideas?

Epocs 10:41 19 Jun 2004

Bump

VoG II 10:45 19 Jun 2004

This must be a very special database if you think that Access (or even Excel) cannot handle it.

Care to elaborate?

Epocs 10:59 19 Jun 2004

Access and Excel would probably be able to handle it, however Access does not allow the creation of a good GUI or graphs, and Excel is very slow in searching information. Also neither are especially secure in terms of data storage or editing of programs. Plus I am not too keen on working with either as they can behave in strange ways, I like to create programs from base up, or at least have fine control which neither offer. I have developed a few programs in both and found them to be lacking in many areas.

Epocs 19:19 19 Jun 2004

Any thoughts? If not I will let this fall into the abyss of the back pages.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?