Data Form using Dreamweaver

Mysticnas 14:34 10 Mar 2006

Hi all,

I'm looking at the possibilities of setting up a webform using dreamweaver.

It's currently in the form of an Excel spreadsheet. It's simply a change control register. When something needs changing on a process it needs to be logged.

The user will input into a form and then submit. On submitting the contents of the form would be displayed as a table (register) which anyone can view on the page.

The type of fields required would be:

drop down lists to choose from
dates
text field (used for job description)
link to relevant job folder
links to related job folders
a boolean option of some sort (probably yes/no)
a number of other text fields

If anyone can give advice that'd be great. Otherwise it's either keeping it as an Excel file or having a go building standalone in Java.

Thanks all

peabody 21:34 10 Mar 2006

It seems to me that you should be designing a database to drive your webpage (site). The form would be used to update the database and your display page would be generated by the database. Dreamweaver Help can get you started if you look at 'Developing Applications Rapidly'. Will the users be remote, which is why you are going down the webpage route? Will it be an intranet for your office?

Mysticnas 18:08 11 Mar 2006

that's what i was thinking, i'll probably just make a java program for the front end and make a database.

Problem is that no-one else in the office is that was inclined. This is the dilema :o( I can't do anything that anyone else can't maintain.

i'll probably just close this thread now cuz it'll just end up with me moaning again.

Thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?