Data from Excel to Access

roygbiv 11:42 04 Nov 2004

I need to put data in Excel and Access, Is there a way I can just Enter the data once and copy/paste it to the other ????.

rogertjj 12:13 04 Nov 2004

Enter the data into Microsoft Access.

Then, when your table is finished, you can right click the table and choses Save As/Export, and then export the table as an Excel file.

Alternatively, you can enter the data in Excel, and then import the Excel information into an Access table

roygbiv 17:26 04 Nov 2004

Just have to learn how to use these programs (alot better) ANY TIPS , ANYONE??

JaßîsFaß ˜ 19:52 04 Nov 2004

It might help if you could explain why you would like the data in both software packages. I regularly work with the same data in Excel and Access and have found sometimes it is best to start in Excel and sometimes vice-versa. Might be able to give more tips to you if you can explain your needs.

roygbiv 13:21 06 Nov 2004

Data to for input

costs of home improvements (some of which might be used to claim relief via. grant).

JaßîsFaß ˜ 14:18 06 Nov 2004

Are you needing to keep a large file of different home improvement costs? And why do you feel it is necessary to have the data in both Excel and Access format?

I would try and design a database to record all the entries you need for each home improvement, and if you ever need to export an entry, you could just print a summary from Access (perhaps using the reports module.

roygbiv 16:01 06 Nov 2004

Yes, after more thought, I realise I may be able to use just one programe (Access). Any hints on using this

VoG II 16:49 06 Nov 2004
  roygbiv 16:55 06 Nov 2004

WOW, so many

Thanks. Alan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?