Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check copying mp3s

A Cat Called George 12:51 13 Dec 2003

I have a new Pendrive mp3 player. When copying mp3s from hard drive to the player memory I get:- Data error, cyclic redundancy check when the amount of copied files gets to around 120MBs. This happens regardless of the order files are copied in and also happened when I tried copying other mixed files. It seems to make no difference whether the player is formatted FAT or FAT32. The player memory is supposed to be 256MBs and the formatted volume is recognised as 247MBs by Windows which seems about right. Scandisk reveals no errors. Anyone got any ideas? Seems to me there is a fault in the player memory, but perhaps I am missing something.

Big Elf 13:13 13 Dec 2003

The cyclic redundancy check error suggest something is corrupt but whether its a file or the flash memory I'm not sure.

igk 13:48 13 Dec 2003

Hi,
If its any help at all I had this exact error while trying to load software (a game)on my pc,M$ knowledge base search only came up with this error while trying to install windows (any o/s)saying it could be a hard drive problem. Anyway after a bit of messing around I found that it was because I was using my cd writer to load it,I changed to my normal cdrom drive and the problem did not happen again so I assume that the cd writer did not like the cdrom for some reason.hth.

A Cat Called George 21:38 15 Dec 2003

Following my sending a request for technical support, the online retailer I bought the mp3 player from are replacing with no quibble. So they obviously believe it to be faulty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?