Dark pink bands on screen

  Yimbo 01:08 05 Dec 2004

I've recently started to experience dark pink vertical bands, usually four and about one inch broad, appearing intermittently on the screen no matter whether I'm using IE or OE. I'm able to see through them, and they are present as I write this - though, strangely, in this case, they stop at the bottom of the toolbars and appear again at the taskbars. I'd appreciate help as to what's causing this, and how I may prevent it.

  Grouse ® 01:10 05 Dec 2004

have a close look at your graphics card for damage, reseat the card and try again.

  hugh-265156 01:13 05 Dec 2004

can you give us some more information on your system please? what monitor, graphics card and what operating system you are using?

when did this start to happen?

have you checked all your cables are firmly attached and have you tried re seating your graphics card in its slot?

  hugh-265156 01:14 05 Dec 2004

sorry does this only happen with internet explorer and OE or when using other software?

  Technotiger 02:57 05 Dec 2004

Hi, also what type of monitor are you using? Perhaps if it is CRT it might nee degaussing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?