Damn that rapidshare - Share your tips...

simmo08 20:26 29 Jan 2008

is there a way without signing up to a premium account where i can use a download manager to resume the download?

I can put up with the wait time but its frustating as hell when you download a 100+mb file only to be disconnected and have to start again.

Share the tricks thanks ;)

Jak_1 20:32 29 Jan 2008

I take it you are on dialup! a 100MB file is a large file to download using dialup. If you are not on dialup then I fail to see a reason for being disconected! I have a premium account and that does make life easier for sending large files to people who are not on a vpn that I also use.
Try this:

click here

simmo08 20:33 29 Jan 2008

im on broadband but wireless gets interference sometime causing drop in speed, so 100+mb file can feel like im on dial-up at times!

Dipso 20:45 29 Jan 2008

Have you tried changing the wireless channel?

simmo08 20:50 29 Jan 2008

yes, its because i live near lots of trees. And in any case Opera also sometimes drops download speed to 0kb/s in which normally i would pause a download and resume then it starts up again, this cant be done with rapidhsare...

..looking for a rapidshare resolve cheers

Jak_1 20:58 29 Jan 2008

Can I resume broken downloads?

Yes, but only if you own a Premium-account. With a Premium-account, your requests are sent through more complex server-routines, which also support download-accelerators. Those programs support resume of broken files and even segmented downloads. This means, you can download the same file with many streams, resulting in higher download-speed.

simmo08 21:00 29 Jan 2008

...im aware of that already, there have been hacks in the past to bypass this....im sure there still is...

Jak_1 21:10 29 Jan 2008

I have no idea about those, sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?