DAB radio that starts up when power switched on

eviledd1e 09:32 13 Sep 2017
Answered

Hi I need help finding a cheapish DAB radio that will come on and start playing when the power is switched on via a timer. I need a few for my bird breeding rooms, the idea is I go in there at about 08:00, but want the background noise of the radio to come on at 07:00 via a plug in timer. I had a Tesco brand radio that did it but it has now broken. I have tried a couple of different brands and they don't do it. It doesn't appear to be a "feature" built in but seems to randomly work on some brands of radio. My Pure DAB in my kitchen does it but this was £80+ so can't justify the cost.

wee eddie 10:59 13 Sep 2017

Any DAB Alarm Clock should do the trick

eviledd1e 11:39 13 Sep 2017
Answer

I think they only normally play for a an hour after the alarm starts, i need one that will stay on all day (that wasn't clear above) i basically need the background noise on from about 07:00 until 20:00.

wee eddie 11:41 13 Sep 2017

Tune it to Radio 4 and you'll have the best educated budgies in Christendom!

However, you may have to keep it powered at all times to keep the clock working

eviledd1e 11:42 13 Sep 2017

Sorry it wasn't clear but i need one that will be on all day, from about 07:00 until 20:00. Alarm clock normally play for an hour and then stop.

wee eddie 13:24 13 Sep 2017

But then, you say that you come in at 8.00am. So you could switch the Alarm off and the Radio on

eviledd1e 13:39 13 Sep 2017

It will be 08:00 ish, probably later on a weekend, the idea of the radio is so that i don't startle them when i go in, so if its gone off already it won't do what i need it to do.

wee eddie 18:45 13 Sep 2017

If cost is your primary motivation. Then why not buy a cheap FM Radio which you should be able to pick up for less than a Tenner

eviledd1e 09:01 14 Sep 2017

Thanks for your responses but i'm just looking for help with my original question, DAB radio that will come on automatically when power is switched on.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)