D-Link set up

hzhzhz 15:02 23 Jan 2005

Having recently switched to broadband we went out and bought a D-Link DSL G604T wireless router.
Being new to broadband the wording on the box gave us the impression that set up would be a dawdle but it seems to be the opposite. The instructions to us are hard to understand. The message we recieve is that ,The server is unavailable or unreachable. Please help. We are using the wireless mode. All we need is a detailed set of instructions that we can understand.

stalion 15:05 23 Jan 2005

try here click here

stalion 15:08 23 Jan 2005
  JaßîsFaß ˜ 15:22 23 Jan 2005

Have a look at this document, from page 18 it has simple instructions shown for this router, may help.

click here

JaßîsFaß ˜ 15:26 23 Jan 2005

You will also need to configure the router for wireless operation and security (from page 34).

hzhzhz 20:54 23 Jan 2005

Thanks for all the advice.

georgemac 21:18 23 Jan 2005

there is a firmware update for this router which is supposed to simplify things - I do not know as I don't have this router - I set ti up for a friend and yes it was not too simple

click here for the firmware & instructions download page - if anyone tries a firmware upgrade follow the instructions precisely tiny url link click here in case the first one is too long

hzhzhz 22:10 23 Jan 2005

Thanks again. We are trying all the advice at the moment.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:37 24 Jan 2005

But are we having any luck?

hzhzhz 19:35 24 Jan 2005

yes,we have cracked it. Its working fine at the moment.Thanks to all who helped. I would advise that AOL customers contact AOL for router settings .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires