D-Link to Orange wireless Set up

andy_b_73 11:45 07 Sep 2008

Hi wonder if some one can help me, I am setting my brothers wireless up, he is with orange and has got a d-link dkt710, he has 2 laptops one on vista other on xp.

I have set it up and we can get google home page up very quick also pc world very quick, but if I type ebay or even Pc Advisor into google it fines the page but then I click on it to go to it, it just takes ages to download.. have not yet got into either.

Anything else you need to ask and I will try to answer, but I will not be able to get on to his computer till next weekend. Just looking for a few pointers at moment thanks

ambra4 05:08 09 Sep 2008

Is it only Pc Advisor into google you are having problem with or other sites?

ambra4 05:21 09 Sep 2008

On both laptops

How is he connecting via the build in wireless cards on the laptops or the USB adapter that

come with the D Link DKT 710 Kit

andy_b_73 08:09 09 Sep 2008

Hi ambra44

If we stay in Google just searching the site its ok, but then when you click to go to a site it seems to take ages or just don’t connect to site, example PC Advisor we can not get into, but PC World seems OK, and to answer your other question he is connected by the build in wireless cards in both computers
I have be reading about DNS numbers to put into the router 195.92.195.94 and then 195.92.195.95

If I can not find out to much more I will have to go round his house on Saturday so I can get in contact with d-link support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?