d-link ?

happy dragon 12:26 28 Apr 2005

hiya all ,iam after adding a wireless keyboard and mouse and perhaps later on a printer , am i right in thinking all i need to set this up is a bluetooth adapter , i was looking at d-link usb adapter see link or can anyone recomend something better or am i totally going down the wrong route click here thanx

Indigo 1 12:39 28 Apr 2005

A wireless key board and mouse will come complete with all you need for them to operate on your machine, if a printer has wireless capabilty then it will come complete too.

The Dlink device is for networking two PC's or connecting a mobile phone with Bluetooth to your PC.

happy dragon 12:51 28 Apr 2005

thanx xindigo1 thought i would need to purchase something so they could talk to one another ?

mgmcc 12:51 28 Apr 2005

There is quite a range of cordless mice/keyboards but most don't use Bluetooth, which is generally more expensive. The Bluetooth version of my Logitech cordless optical mouse, for example, was £10 more.

These Bluetooth devices would normally be supplied with a transmitter/receiver that plugs into the PC's PS/2 port so you wouldn't be buying a separate USB Bluetooth adapter. Normal "cordless" devices won't work with Bluetooth - you must use Bluetooth-specific hardware.

happy dragon 12:59 28 Apr 2005

thanx mgmcc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?