cyclic redundancy check ??????

acein1 21:19 13 Aug 2006

hi folks,ive got a new 4gb sony usb flash drive,which i want to load a lot of photographs on to,and also some music files,they are all saved in my documents on the hardive,when i try to copy them to the usb flash drive i keep getting this "cyclic redundancy check " message ,i have googled for it and found some stuff that was over my head im afraid,but from what ive read it seems to refer to bad c/d,s etc it dose not say anything about the p/c hardrive i wonder if some kind sole can through a litte lite on this for me,in plain english if possable many thanks for any help offered

Joe R 21:36 13 Aug 2006

acein1,

"cyclic redundancy check", is usually an error code given, when, cd's or dvd's cannot be read by the system. I have not seen this error, from any type of flash drive, I < or anyone I know has used, but wouls assume, that the problem ( as with cd's & dvd's ), lies with the flash drive,

I can only recommend that you try the drive on another P.C. and, see if the same problem reoccurs.

Joe R 21:37 13 Aug 2006

Oh god! I always thought my grasp of the English language, was half decent.:)

acein1 22:03 13 Aug 2006

thanks joe,
i think i may have being duped,a search on google has come up with some fake "sony" flash drives that are giving problems, so anyway thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires