Cyberlink Power Director 6 - DVD Recorded

jtprieto 20:05 25 Oct 2007

Could anybody help me?
I have recorded some home movies using power director 6 but I had some problems. I read the manual completelly but I don't know what is wrong:

1. When I'm selecting the music for the DVD backgroung, I specify the time that I want for that, but automatically returns the time to 15 secs.

2. The DVD menu shows 2 pink bars. These bars didn't appear when I previewed the work, only when was recorded.

1. When I play the final work on a DVD, the image looks pixelated. Many small squares appear on the image.

Exceptby these details, the work looks good.

What can I do to solve these problems?

C3 20:34 25 Oct 2007

I've never used the software, but this might help:

1. Is it possible that the video side of the menu system is only set for 15 secs? You may be using a still image, but even so, it has to convert that into a video format which means that you can probably specify the length that the picture will be shown. Extend the length of this, then you may be able to extend the length of your audio.

2. Possibly you are authoring it in NTSC format? Make 100% sure when you convert it that it is in PAL (assuming you are in the UK of course).

3. This could be for two reasons I can think of.

a. Your DVD is over 2hrs long and you are trying to fit it onto normal DVD-R. Perhaps try using a Dual Layer DVD. It is possible that the compression of the data is causing the artifacts.
b. The MPEG2 converter in Power Director is crap.

It may be worth trying the following though.

When you are exporting out your movie, instead of burning it to DVD, save it to your PC. The use a third party program (such as DVD-Shrink) to reduce it to fit onto a normal DVD-R.

Another method : Get the actual video edited first, then export as an AVI (Warning, will be a big file) then if you have Nero, use Nero Recode to make the DVD menu and author the DVD and see what happens.

jtprieto 16:12 26 Oct 2007

Wow!
Excellent response! I´m from Mexico City, so my system video is NTSC.
I think your response is really cool! I'll check what you say and let you know asap.
Thanks in advance.
Jose

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?