Cyber Fraud Need Help

zahaib 23:06 07 Jul 2003

I want to know what is the right way to complain a cyber fraud as one spanish has done with me i have paid him money for labtop but he has not send it to me i know his adress but dont know how to complain.I found him on ebay and send him money through westren union will be very thankfull for any ones kind help.

Mango Grummit 23:13 07 Jul 2003

Have you contacted eBay?

jazzypop 23:17 07 Jul 2003

Firstly, ebay have a fraud reporting system - click here if you are in the UK (although they limit their liability to £120). They may also be able to offer assistance with the seller's true identity, when you report him/her to your local Trading Standards office - click here for a list.

They will advise whether this is a matter that they can follow up with their counterparts in Spain, or whether this is a matter better dealt with by the police.

Forum Editor 00:03 08 Jul 2003

if the seller resides in Spain you have a real problem on your hands. Your first recourse is to Ebay - report the matter to them, as the others have advised.

How much money was involved?

How long ago did you send it?

Have you tried to contact the seller yourself?

If you can contact him, tell him that unless you receive the goods, or a full refund within 7 days you will immediately report the matter to the Spanish police. If this person has deliberately tried to defraud you he has committed a criminal offence in Spain, and the police will take action - but you must act quickly.

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:26 08 Jul 2003

This is a well known scam where laptops (usually Sony Vaios) are offered for daft prices. If it looks too good to be true.............click here may depress you further.

G

zahaib 12:06 08 Jul 2003

Is there any website or any email adress yes i have contected Ebay they say u have paid through westren union so we are not responcible.I have adress of the person.

Jester2K II 12:31 08 Jul 2003

If you were contacted by the seller outside of E-Bay and you have paid him via Western Union then this is not E-Bays problem.

You need to contact the Police in Spain. perhaps the local Police here can help you to an extent (give you contacts etc) but do NOT ring 999. Ring or pop down to your local Police Station instead.

Have you contacted Western Union??

Jester2K II 12:32 08 Jul 2003

Also i wouldn't be suprised if you didn't.... Can you be sure you have his / her real address? Western Union might be able to help.

Jester2K II 15:00 08 Jul 2003

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?