C:\\windows/system/shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm in ME

Giggle n' Bits 22:27 05 May 2004

Is there a known fix for this problem in Internet Explorer 5.5 in ME ? can connect to the internet dial up ok but web page unable to find settings etc. in the status bar very quickly the above shows for seconds but no web page will load just the option to look for other page with no fix.

Searched google with no sucess was origiginally on Ie6 but reverted back to ie5.5 but no cure.

Anyone know of a fix for this please.

SANTOS7 22:39 05 May 2004

click here have found this, read carefully, maybe answer to your problem good luck

Giggle n' Bits 22:47 05 May 2004

Will study your link. This is a common problem I hear from my friends at work who have ME.

Giggle n' Bits 23:21 05 May 2004

I couldn't believe my eyes, it actually worked. This problem often crops up here at PCA but not many people know a fix for it and end up reinstall of there o's.

Something that takes about 2 mins now and I have the patch on disk should anyone need it.

Seems to me the problem is caused by some sort of Dial up adapter/TCP/DUNN settings which they cal WinSOK. Wonder if uninstalling TCP and all the dial up settings then reinstall will do the same thing. May try that one day if I get the chance.

But thanks again M8 SANTOS7 Nail on the Head answer & well sourced for the patch.

SANTOS7 23:23 05 May 2004

your wellcome Yettie, glad it worked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone