C&W Router Firmware Download from where?

TheBaldOne 11:49 28 Oct 2006

I have a Cable & Wireless ADSL2+ Router 108Mbps 11g, it is wired to my PC: I can access the internet, etc. no problem and the network appears on my laptop but the connection speed is woeful. Having read through other postings on this web page I believe I have tried everything apart form up-grading the firmware and here's the problem:

Where can I download the firmware?

The C&W support is useless and there is no download page on there website???

Ashrich 23:44 01 Nov 2006

Who made the router , any manufacturers mark or serial numbers on the bottom .

Ashley

TheBaldOne 18:04 02 Nov 2006

Hi Ashley

The router manf is Cable & Wireless, model number: HSADSLR15CW3.

Hope this helps

Ashrich 23:55 02 Nov 2006

Can't find much about this router apart from people moaning about it's lack of performance and it's ability to disconnect you at the drop of a hat , also the " lack of online tech support pages and no firmware releases " doesn't sound too good :(

Ashley

dms05 08:20 03 Nov 2006

Take a look at click here

TheBaldOne 21:05 03 Nov 2006

Yeah that is pretty much what I found as well. Thanks for your time though. I'm going to mark this as resolved because I think its a case of Cable & Wireless are crap!!!!

Thanks anyway

Danny

Cark 08:22 07 Nov 2006

Yello, i have the same router and yer its crap as hell >.< there is no information what so ever on the internet or anywhere for that matter, but i do manage to get a decent internet connection on some days but its very tempormental, i manually set up mine without use of the CD as well so no point in trying to upgrade firmware.

Seems C&W are not people to buy network items from! Be warned lol!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?