CV

ponytail 09:15 27 Apr 2009

I am trying to download my CV to a agency but when I click on submit I get the following error message and not sure what to do can someone advise.

Unfortunately there were one or more problems with the data you submitted. Please click the back button below and check the following points:

1. The upload file type is not supported. We accept the following types: rtf, doc, htm, html, txt.

« Back

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:27 27 Apr 2009

What format is your CV written in? what are the three letters after the . ?

InTheCity 09:28 27 Apr 2009

I presume you mean upload cv, rather than download my CV to a agency.
"save as" the cv in rtf, doc, htm, html, or txt format.
Then upload it from the newly saved/format location.

The Kestrel 09:28 27 Apr 2009

Can you not overcome this problem by sending your CV, as a Word document, attached to an email to the agency?

ponytail 09:36 27 Apr 2009

Hi Fruit Bat
The letters are docs

ponytail 09:39 27 Apr 2009

Hi Kestrel
My daughter composed the CV for me and emailed it to me.I copied it and went into word and pasted it and then saved it in my documents.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:39 27 Apr 2009

It is possible the security features in your browser are blocking the file.

What browser are you using, IE7 8 Firefox?

ponytail 09:41 27 Apr 2009

Hi Again Fruit Bat
I am using IE7Pro

Sea Urchin 09:44 27 Apr 2009

I guess this is following on from your previous question about spacing in Word 2007 - if so your documents will be .docx and not .doc (therefore not supported by the website)

Using the Office button (top left) click Save As, and then select file type as .doc

Sea Urchin 09:50 27 Apr 2009

Here's how

click here

ponytail 09:59 27 Apr 2009

Hi Again Sea Urchin I have just noticed that all the similar documents I have in my documents have the letters docx after them.Is this related you say to my problem with the line spacing.When you say click save as after clicking on the office button.I did that but not sure what to do next and will I have to do that with all the documents with this problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?