Cute TV USB

dtw 18:42 07 Dec 2006

I bought the Cute TV about four year ago and I used to watch Sky through it. It has not been used for about two years, and I've got it out again to use with a CCTV camera. But I can't find the CD driver for it, even the web site doesnt mention a driver,can anybody help with this.
Thank's in anticipation
DTW

john-232317 19:36 07 Dec 2006

The driver might still be on the PC, or XP might find one if needed.

dtw 22:04 07 Dec 2006

Thank dadyassa I dont think it in the computer because the progrham wizard cannot find it, and I have looked on the cutetv website and cant find any kind of driver to download

Technotiger 22:13 07 Dec 2006

Hi, is this not a USB device? XP should not need a driver.

Technotiger 22:15 07 Dec 2006

Hmmm, it is USB -

click here

dtw 18:23 09 Dec 2006

Thanks technotiger, it doesnt really help it only shows the cute tv usb and the remote that I have, I cannot find the drivers for them,
DTW

Technotiger 19:41 09 Dec 2006

Hmmm, if you are using XP, it should not need a separate Driver. If '98 then yes, driver is needed, also of course you need the software anyway to run the program. Software and drivers are on the CD, which you appear to have misplaced - I have had a good look around, but have not had any luck in finding any alternative.
It looks as if your only chance is to try and find your original CD. You have not said whether you are using XP or not? When you plug into usb port with XP, you should get the 'Found new hardware' pop up.

Sorry I can't be more helpfull.

Technotiger 19:42 09 Dec 2006

PS - the website does mention the Driver - look in the User Guide/Manual.

dtw 20:59 09 Dec 2006

Hi Technotiger, yes I've got XP Pro, When I first got the Cute TV I was running Win98 and I didn't get a CD with it I went to the web site and downloaded the files from there (but it does not have them now) I have just sent a E mail direct to them with all details including the serial number, so I will just have to wait to see if I get a reply back from the States.
DTW
PS according to the site that you gave me they do a driver for XP

dtw 21:02 09 Dec 2006

PPS I checked all the listings on the left of the Cute TV and they were all Hard Drives.

Technotiger 21:02 09 Dec 2006

OK - good luck with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone