Custom Envelopes in Word 2007.

TonyV 14:00 11 Mar 2011

I saw this click here and thought that without hijacking the thread, I would see if some one has the answer to my question of a similar ilk.

Win7 Home Premium 64bit. HP Photosmart all in one B210a. MS Office 2007 Word.

I have an envelope size that I have sitting in my Templates folder. When I come to print such an envelope, the paper size never shows the Custom 3.5" x 6" (9cm x 15cm) size. It always comes up with A4 paper, and makes a hash of trying to print the envelope.

How do I get the envelope size to be a part of the paper size shown in Word 2007 print drop down paper size or how do I get Word 2007 to accept that it is a Custom Size?

Thanks

TonyV

Sea Urchin 14:09 11 Mar 2011

Are you setting the envelope size under Mailings/Envelopes - it sounds like you are just setting the paper size in Word

This explains

click here

TonyV 14:50 11 Mar 2011

Thanks for that. I tried what was said, but it seems that to get a Template up as a Document and print that as is, is impossible. It has to go thru' the Mailings procedure.

What I have is the need to print an envelope every two weeks with a name, (the same name each fortnight) and a value of money, (also the same each fortnight). The obvious thing is to produce a Template with all the details on it, bring the Template up in Word, then print the thing. But, since Word/Printer cannot decide what the size of paper is in the tray, I have to go through the mailings procedure. I think logic went out the window somewhere!!

I'll keep trying and see if there is a way that I can get it done.

Thanks

TonyV

Sea Urchin 15:10 11 Mar 2011

Yes, I do that each week as well - but in my experience envelopes always have to be printed via Mail & Envelopes.

I open my template - highlight the address - and it will then be showing in the envelope address automatically. You can set which envelope size you require - give it a name - and then go straight to that each time. I've never found it a problem, and have just printed an envelope in 30 seconds from start to finish.

TonyV 15:29 11 Mar 2011

Yes, I now have a blank template with the size I want, plus a bit because it is apparently too small, and then type in thru' the Mailings system what I want, make sure the Custom Size is still selected and print the thing. It does work, but it seems a strange route to go when it can be done in Open Office the way I want!! Bring up the template and print!!

Twas ever thus!

Cheers

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?