Cursors moves when typing - HELP

babylamb40 22:38 15 Oct 2008

When typing any form of text, my cursor moves backwards to any part of the previous text, (or I think where my cursor is positioned at the start of typing,) this is extremely annoying as I do alot of typing of lenghty documents, and when I look up, I discover that what I have typed does not make sense. This is extremely annoying as I have to do alot of cutting and pasting. I just wonder if anyone else has experienced this? I never have this problem when I work with XP, Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone have a remedy for this? is it a Vista thing? as I really dont want to have to sit at my desk, when I much prefer working on my Advent laptop. Thank you for any comments regarding this.

MarvintheAndroid 22:49 15 Oct 2008

As you are on a laptop, you could be inadvertently brushing the touchpad while you type. Try disabling the touchpad and plugging in a mouse.

Marv

phono 22:49 15 Oct 2008

Are you by any chance accidentally touching the touchpad whilst typing? This would/could cause the cursor to jump to a different position.

phono 22:50 15 Oct 2008

Arrrgh, I hate that. ;^)

babylamb40 22:51 15 Oct 2008

Thank you, I will give it a go.

babylamb40 22:52 15 Oct 2008

I do type by raising my wrists and just using my fingers on the key pad, but I will defo give the mouse option a try..many thanks for your quick response.

phono 22:54 15 Oct 2008

The merest of touches on the touchpad is all it would take.

MarvintheAndroid 22:59 15 Oct 2008

I do it on purpose ;]

babylamb40 23:01 15 Oct 2008

Hey Guys, A great big thank you, I have just done an experiment, and yes, the touchpad is extremely sensative. Thank you again, what a great site, will defo use this site again, and will recommend you to my dad, who is always needing help..:) thank you again for your valuable advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

14 best picture books for children

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017