Cursors moves when typing - HELP

babylamb40 22:38 15 Oct 2008

When typing any form of text, my cursor moves backwards to any part of the previous text, (or I think where my cursor is positioned at the start of typing,) this is extremely annoying as I do alot of typing of lenghty documents, and when I look up, I discover that what I have typed does not make sense. This is extremely annoying as I have to do alot of cutting and pasting. I just wonder if anyone else has experienced this? I never have this problem when I work with XP, Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone have a remedy for this? is it a Vista thing? as I really dont want to have to sit at my desk, when I much prefer working on my Advent laptop. Thank you for any comments regarding this.

MarvintheAndroid 22:49 15 Oct 2008

As you are on a laptop, you could be inadvertently brushing the touchpad while you type. Try disabling the touchpad and plugging in a mouse.

Marv

phono 22:49 15 Oct 2008

Are you by any chance accidentally touching the touchpad whilst typing? This would/could cause the cursor to jump to a different position.

phono 22:50 15 Oct 2008

Arrrgh, I hate that. ;^)

babylamb40 22:51 15 Oct 2008

Thank you, I will give it a go.

babylamb40 22:52 15 Oct 2008

I do type by raising my wrists and just using my fingers on the key pad, but I will defo give the mouse option a try..many thanks for your quick response.

phono 22:54 15 Oct 2008

The merest of touches on the touchpad is all it would take.

MarvintheAndroid 22:59 15 Oct 2008

I do it on purpose ;]

babylamb40 23:01 15 Oct 2008

Hey Guys, A great big thank you, I have just done an experiment, and yes, the touchpad is extremely sensative. Thank you again, what a great site, will defo use this site again, and will recommend you to my dad, who is always needing help..:) thank you again for your valuable advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?