Cursor woks on it's own! AVG update....

Stressed Mum 17:31 03 Mar 2006

I have been having a problem with my cursor - it seems to have a mind of it's own and jumps around the pages of Word, web Pages - reverts to home screen, pulls a 'right' click menu from knowhere and flicks forward on internet pages - VERY frustrating - particulrly in WORD. Have tried using Registry Mechanic - but with little success.Computer is a Dell Dimension, Mouse is Logitech cordless. Operating system XP Home Edition. The screen has just jumped again as I am using the keyboard! Also for some reason I am unable to update my AVG - despite trying several times! Any advice greatly appeciated. Thanks.

VoG II 17:32 03 Mar 2006

Re the AVG update, make sure your computer's date is set correctly.

Bratbakk 17:49 03 Mar 2006

Someone in my work had a jumpy cursor that did that sort of thing. She tried a different mouse and hasn't had any bother since.

If there's a disk with the mouse, make sure its software is loaded (it should work without it, but with it, you should be able to configure the keyboard and mouse buttons)

Stressed Mum 18:52 03 Mar 2006

Thanks to you both - Time checked ok - and new mouse in use - but still having problems. Page flicking up and down all over the place and menus appearing from nowhere!!

Stressed Mum 20:59 03 Mar 2006

Still having problems with screen jumping and wild mouse! BUT do seem to have finally solved the auto update on AVG. Very odd - was this caused by a nasty? I wonder? Had to uninstall and reinstall - tried every which way before that - there was no way it was going to allow any updates whatsoever - but the other two PC's are fine! Anyone any further ideas on this screen jumpting? Thanks in advance!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?