cursor unpredictability

geoff240841 20:33 11 Jul 2006

Hi
can any one out there help me with the problem I am having with the cursor on my laptop.
I have an Acer 245 Travelmate.
The problem is that when I am typing the cursor will suddenly jump to another position,which means,unless I frequently check what I have written,what I have written becomes a jumbled mess.
Also when I log in to my email etc,quite often I unwittingly type in the wrong thing
Thanks
Geoff

ArrGee 22:25 11 Jul 2006

There could be a number of problems associated with this. Do you have a mouse attached or using just the touch-pad? Are you sure you have the latest touch-pad drivers in place. Are you certain that you are accidentally hitting the touch-pad whilst typing? How old is the laptop? Is the cursor jumping above the area where you are typing or below or to the right? Have you tried looking at any of the sensitivity settings for the touch-pad? Questions questions questions!!

Diversion 22:25 11 Jul 2006

If it is an optical mouse the chances are it's on its way out. Mine caused all sorts of problems and like you I put a request up and got no answers, it took me a week to figure out it was all down to my optical mouse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?