Cursor problem

Hetti 13:51 27 Apr 2008

When I try to enter text into search box or a word document nothing happens.I can open browswer and change pages on the internet but no text.I have flock and IE 6, will not work in eithier

win xp sp2
flock browser

MAT ALAN 13:52 27 Apr 2008

If your keyboard is wired, could be a loose connection...

Hetti 14:12 27 Apr 2008

Mat Alan
No it it a logitech cordless keyboard and mouse.
I looked to see if it needs a driver update but thats not the case eithier.I have run through the trouble shooter too.

Hetti 14:16 27 Apr 2008

I have just tried a wired mouse from hubbys PC which I know is working fine, but it will not work on my PC

MAT ALAN 14:22 27 Apr 2008

if you have a wired keyboard i would try that anyway, it may determine if its a communication error between keyboard and PC

or

scan your PC for spy/malware,

MAT ALAN 14:23 27 Apr 2008

Hetti with reference to your last post it could well be spyware related...

Hetti 14:54 27 Apr 2008

Run the spyware/malware scans adaware,superantispyware and threatfire is also installed , they found some issues but it has made no difference to my not being able to use text,

MAT ALAN 15:00 27 Apr 2008

mshtmler.dll could be related to this, either missing or corrupt

click here

the link may help...

Hetti 15:02 27 Apr 2008

I have tried a wired keyboard/ and a mouse that came with keyboard as a set, but it does not solve the problem.

If it is spy/malware and my software cannot deal with it, is there something else I can use?

Hetti 15:24 27 Apr 2008

Mat Alan
I have downloadedd the link you sent but when I click to extract nothing happens, please bear with me as Im not very clever with technology,

Hetti 15:29 27 Apr 2008

I just noticed when I PUT the cap lock on it supposed to light up when in use, but it is not can this all be down to keyboard? but I have tried two one wired and the wireless keyboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?