Cursor curses

greybeard 17:20 10 Feb 2004

Running win98se and I'm using a Trust 200 graphics tablet and cordless pen( instead of a mouse) installed about two months ago. I previously used a Genius tablet, and I've checked that all the associated folders have been removed.
During the last week the standard arrow cursor suddenly changes to a dot inside a square inside a diamond inside a circle.
If I left click anywhere after it first appears, a greyed out version is left in that position, always on top, but it otherwise behave like a normal cursor.

Sometimes it temporarily reverts to a normal arrow over the opened window,( but not over a toolbar), sometimes not till I reboot.

I used "Find" to search for *.cur files, ( all of them in Windows/cursor folder) but nothing looks like this "cursed cursor".

Help requested to permanently remove.

VoG II 17:37 10 Feb 2004

Comet cursor ? click here

Spybot will remove it click here

greybeard 23:58 10 Feb 2004

Thanks for the links. I was about to type a positive result when the ***cursor made a brief reappearance while scrolling down to the response window. I've installed spybot, run it, and removed a few items, but the comet cursor wasn't mentioned, nor anything like it.
Was my description of the icon graphic what you recognised, or was it the general description of strange cursors that suggested "comet cursor" to you ?

greybeard 22:47 12 Feb 2004

The cursed cursor made several more appearances after I ran spybot several times, but for the last 24 hours it has not reappeared, so I am hoping that it has now gone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?