cursor on acer laptop windows vista freezes after about 10 mins...help

SANAP 13:18 11 Dec 2013

A friend of mine has a recent problem with their acer laptop using windows vista in that after about 10 mins the cursor freezes and they have to wait for a time before it will work again.

I have fixed quite a few bits on the laptop in the past and I also tried to update windows vista with latest pack but it failed. Apparently there is some problem in vista with restore points that prevents laptop updating. I had to leave it in case I did more harm than good. laptop is about 3/4 years old and has been fault free. It has all the necessary bits installed, ie avg, cc cleaner.

What would cause cursor to freeze and is there a solution? I did suggest a new laptop but that's not an option.

sanap

chub_tor 17:05 11 Dec 2013

Freezing after a period of use and then later recovering is often caused by overheating. Click Here for some general tips on removing dust from an Acer laptop

SANAP 23:54 13 Dec 2013

thanks for that tip, I did a bit of houskeeping on it and at the end I checked schedule scans for avg and.. yes it was at 8pm the time he was switching laptop on. I'll bear that cleaning trick in mind as well for next time.

Graham* 02:16 14 Dec 2013

It's a good job you put 'help' in the title or I would never have looked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?