Curious as to what SO-OUT AV-OUT are

  Ex plorer 17:31 08 Dec 2008

Hi Just curious, at the back of my PC is a SO-OUT AV-OUT plugin
tried googling it but have not been able to find what they are for they are part of the MOBO.

  Technotiger 17:37 08 Dec 2008

Some details about the PC and the Mobo might help!

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:46 08 Dec 2008

S video out? click here

Aux Video out? RCA type socket? click here

  Ex plorer 18:03 08 Dec 2008

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\ thanks for your time and the two clicks.

  Technotiger 18:34 08 Dec 2008

I agree with Fruit Bat /\0/\ that O-OUT is possibly S-Video, but that still does not explain what SO-OUT actually is.

AV normally means AudioVideo.

The make/model of the PC and Mobo would still be interesting to know.

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:44 08 Dec 2008

I posted the links so Ex plore might recognise the type of connections he was seeing on his board.

I assume the ticked tread means they are the same as my links

Don't see many PCs with Svideo and RCA type Video Out

My Medion has RCA (yellow) and Svideo In on a front panel capture card.

  Technotiger 18:48 08 Dec 2008

Agreed, I am just curious, not having seen these connections on the back of a PC before.

I have S-video Out on my Graphics card, and Audio (Line-out) Out on my Sound card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?