cube pc system

SOUNDFADER 13:34 04 Feb 2006

hi everyone,
i have just bought a new cube system pc and i had to fit a floppy drive thats ok, it has a new sata drive installed etc. but the pc isn't powering up, i put the power lead in and turn on the pc via the rear on off switch and the pc starts without me using the front power button. then it stays on for about 5 seconds and pc switches off. i am now faced with a delay of at least a week while they pick up my pc and take it for repair is there something i am not doing or is it a motherboard fault. any help would be great

howard63 19:30 04 Feb 2006

did it work before you put the floppy in? If so disconnect it and see if it now will start.

SOUNDFADER 12:58 05 Feb 2006

na i tried unplugging the floppy drive and also when floppy drive connected, the only thing that happens is that it still switches itself on for about 5 seconds then off again. its just frustrating any help today would be greatful guys thanks

ICF 13:14 05 Feb 2006

Did the pc work when you first bought it?

SOUNDFADER 13:33 05 Feb 2006

hi no it didn't, i basically took off the case and put in a floppy drive then powered up and it did what i said before started and then stopped again, apparently the guy at the company i bought it from said they had it working there because they were setting up the bios etc but when i received it nothing just this silly start up and cut out agian.

PaulB2005 13:41 05 Feb 2006

Send it back.

SOUNDFADER 13:46 05 Feb 2006

i think i am going to try to get it repaired locally and invoice them the bill from the computer guys this reallly is a pain thanks anyway

PaulB2005 13:46 05 Feb 2006

You risk loosing any warranty from Cube if you get someone else to work on it without prior approval. Use your warranty and get it sorted by Cube.

SOUNDFADER 13:48 05 Feb 2006

yes i plan to ring them tomorrow so they can authorise the repair at my local pc shop, otherwise they will be spending a lot on couriers to collect and deliver the pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?