CTRL shortcuts don't work (i.e. CTRL+V)

littlejones 12:15 09 Jul 2006

Hi guys,

Right, basically the problem is that shortcuts like CTRL+V, CTRL+C, CTRL+Y, CTRL+ALT+DEL) don't work, but I know the CTRL key isn't broken as I can use CTRL+F in MS Word. The SHIFT key is also having similar problems, although I can use it to highlight stuff so that is also not broken.

My keyboard is on my laptop, and it's set to the English language. I have run 11 different spyware/adware/virus/registry cleaning programs and so if something uninvited caused this then it is now gone, and I just need to fix the problem, which guess can be done through the registry - I just don't know how.

I've done a search and a couple of threads seem to be similar problems, however no solution was arrived at or the thread is so old that the help links are no longer there.

click here

click here

Thanks in advance!

Woolwell 13:21 09 Jul 2006

I find it odd that CTRL+F works and not the others. Have you opened Notepad and see if the CTRL+V and CTRL+C work there?

Suggest you connect an external keyboard and see if your CTRL functions work then. This will then indicate whether your laptop keyboard is faulty or not.

Stuartli 14:45 09 Jul 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?