CSRiskMon.exe - what does it do?

tallboy 09:17 24 Mar 2009

When I turned on my PC this morning, Kaspersky Internet Security took an age to update its database. When it had finished and the PC was idle, I checked the processor list in the Task Manager and discovered that CSRiskMon.exe was taking up 74% of the processor capacity. No wonder KIS took a long time to update!

What applications use CSRiskMon.exe and what does it do? How can I stop it taking so much processor time?

I recently upgraded IE7 to IE8 and now this takes an age to start up. IE8 was not running when I checked the Task Manager to discover that CSRiskMon.exe was taking most of the CPU power - but are they related?

Any ideas to stop CSRiskMon.exe taking most of my CPU power would be welcome.

Thanks

Tallboy

brundle 09:34 24 Mar 2009

"C:\Program Files\CyberScrub Privacy Suite\CSRiskMon.exe" - uninstall the program?

tallboy 13:01 24 Mar 2009

Thanks for the quick response Brundle. I have just this minute worked out that was probably the cause of the problem - and sure enough, it was.

I have used CyberScrub for a year or so, but last week I upgraded to the latest version which I was requested to do by their tech support to fix a problem I had reported 6 months ago. Some time after starting the program I got a low disk memory message - even though I had 17GB free on the C drive when I started it! It seems that in the multi-pass scrubbing it generates endless files that fill up your disk - rather than doing a few at a time.

I'll try and find a better alternative application for securely deleting files.

brundle 23:51 24 Mar 2009

Freeware; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?