cryptainer issues

frojimol 17:57 19 Oct 2006

hi, I've been using Cryptainer LE to store all my passwords for quite some time but now when I come to typing in the master password to open cryptainer i'm told that:

"this special volume has been compressed on an NTFS partition. This is not supported, please remove the compression attribute."

Any ideas on how to do this?

anskyber 18:01 19 Oct 2006

See part way down this page. click here

Totally-braindead 18:03 19 Oct 2006

I'll be honest hear I've never heard of this Cryptainer thing. If its saying what I think its saying, which is it doesn't accept NTFS partitions and only accepts FAT 16 or FAT 32 partitions then I think you may have lost it.
Wait and see if the others say different but I am under the impression that once a hard drive is formatted as NTFS you cannot then go back to FAT 32 without reformatting the drive. Its easy to go from FAT 32 to NTFS without losing info but as far as I know once the drive is NTFS you cannot go back again.
Course I could be wrong.

Totally-braindead 18:04 19 Oct 2006

Oh its the compression thats causing the problem not the type of partition, oh well.

frojimol 18:18 19 Oct 2006

Thanks anskyber, but when i whent to the properties of c drive the Compress box wasn't checked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?