crypt32chain

EARLR 18:04 29 Aug 2006

google says it's a Trojan. if so how do i get rid of it?
thanks

VoG II 18:05 29 Aug 2006

Try a-squared click here

SANTOS7 18:10 29 Aug 2006

click here
some info here..

EARLR 13:11 30 Aug 2006

A squared won't find it. it was found by spybot tools system startup. spybot has an option to delete but I don't know how to use it. does any one know?
thanks

SANTOS7 13:53 30 Aug 2006

Click on the entry in spybot,it will turn sort of orange, you can then click delete..

EARLR 14:22 30 Aug 2006

When I click it turns blue. I have already unticked the check box. when I click on delete am asked if i want to "Remove THESE entries" I guess I am worried about removing all checked entries.
Thanks
Ray

SANTOS7 14:32 30 Aug 2006

I have had another look and i have the same entry so not sure if its trojan or not will do a bit more delving and get back to ya...

SANTOS7 14:35 30 Aug 2006

In fact i have two entries crypt32, cryptnet, cant say they have ever bothered me or my PC they are listed under winlogon so not sure what to do for a minute..

EARLR 14:44 30 Aug 2006

I have the same 2 entries also SensLogin which Google calls spyware.

SANTOS7 14:52 30 Aug 2006

Right matey, this is what i have done,
I highlighted each entry and continued with the delete and it only deletes that particular entry, on rebooting PC it reinstates the entries.
So i am at the point now that i believe these along with senslogin are false positives and i am qiute happy to leave them where they are.
I will how ever do a bit more searching and if i come up with anything i will post it here ..

SANTOS7 14:57 30 Aug 2006

crypt32 - crypt32.dll - DLL Information

DLL File: crypt32 or crypt32.dll
DLL Name: Crypto API32

Description:
crypt32.dll is a module that contains the functions used by the Windows Crypto API. It is being used by various applications.

click here

text taken from link that also states it is not a threat..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?