CRT Monitor failure

Chopper1 12:01 09 Jun 2004

My nice big fat Gateway 21" VX1100 CRT monitor began, on startup, with its usual buzz but abruptly cut short without the screen becoming live. It now will not switch on at all. The external fuse has been checked as OK. Is it likely to be repairable at an economical cost or is it terminal? Do Gateway still have a technical helpline covering the UK? Hoping that someone can advise.
Chopper1

AndySD 12:13 09 Jun 2004

Hhopper my 19" CTX pro monitor failed a while ago and after much searching I found a localish (20 miles away) repairman who fixed it for a set fee of £40. Its worth looking in your area. Start with a search on Altavista ot Google with

monitor repairs Your County

johnnyrocker 12:16 09 Jun 2004

a dead set can cover a multiple of things (most likely power supply related)

johnny.

paddyjack 12:59 09 Jun 2004

they are offering support on this number Technical Support 0800 - 802000 it may be worth a call. I suppose it is down to the age of the monitor.

Stuartli 13:08 09 Jun 2004

The buzz will be the degaussing of the tube - might be worth asking a reputable independent local TV repair workshop to have a look and provide an estimate as the basics are very similar to a standard television.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?