Crossover network problem

Nessie 23:25 11 Jul 2004

I have a pc and a laptop both with xp pro. I have switched off the all firewalls including xp's. Have ran network wizard on host which has an internal asdl modem. Then I ran wizard on laptop. I am going nuts. The laptop will not connect and does not recognise the adsl connection. The network in all other respects works fine. I have Zonealrm freebee so if I do eventually get it working am I going to have problems with that. PS host has Ip 168.192.0.1 mask 255.255.255.0 and laptop is set to detect settings automatically.thanks.

kspatto 00:00 12 Jul 2004

go to start-my network places-and choose set up a home or small network in network tasks

or possibly-- they both need to be using the same workgroup (you can change the names of both groups to the same)also try the run command(you will need to know the name of the PC you wish to view)click on run and type in \\PC name (PC name being the name allocated to the PC in question

best of luck Patto

ZEROTOLERANCE 00:14 12 Jul 2004

ive had a similar problem as you with the laptop an a desktop, unfortunatly after about three days of trying to set it up getting more an more confused and posts were not being answered, i gave up in the end,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?