crossloop remote assistance

rdh660 19:11 04 May 2008

I read about Crossloop home assistance in June issue of PC ADvisor so thought I would give it a go as my uncle is always needing telephone help (not that I know that much myself).
I must say I found it very easy to set up and use and it does exactly as described in PC advisor and the Crossloop website.
I was wondering does anyone know just how secure using this is . Everthing I read seems to point to it being a very secure method of helping remotely. I have up to date antivirus and firewall running but am just a little uneasy when having to trust/allow connections etc as required by my firewall to use the facility. I would like to continue to use this method of remote assistance if possible and given I am very meticulous with virus/firewall updating any reassurance from more experienced PC users as to how secure it is would be comforting.
Thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:17 04 May 2008

I have used crossloop on many computers and I only use an AV (AVG free) with no software firewall and no antispy programmes. Until buying a wireless router I never had a firewall. You will be more than OK.

G

rdh660 19:20 04 May 2008

Thanks Gandalf
I am pleased to hear the comments as I have already found the program such a help rather than simply working blind on the phone and not knowing what exactly was happening at the other end. Also it enables my uncle to watch what is happening and hopefully learn as we go.
regards R.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?