Cross Browse, Cinema Plus & HD Quality

LouiseHenderson 12:12 19 May 2015

Hi,

Have been searching for the answer to an IT question. My Daughter clicked 'yes' to install malware known as Crossbrowse and this had, as the reviews suggested, downloaded a number of rouge program's to my laptop which I have now deleted.

However, it would appear that when I try to uninstall Crossbrowse, an error message pops up saying "please close all open Crossbrose windows", despite me having no active windows open (which I have checked in the Task Manager. It would appear that this program is fooling the computer into thinking the program is actively running to prevent it from uninstalling it.

Likewise, with Cinema Plus and DH quality which were also downloaded with the Crossbrowse 'package'... Grrrrrr!

Can anyone with more IT knowledge than I have helpto shed some light on how to get around this problem please? I am running on Windows 8 using windows defender, which incidentally seems to have missed the malware during a scan.

Lou :S

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:28 19 May 2015

Windows defender is very poor - What antivirus software are you using?

Use the free versions of Malwarebytes + SuperAntispyware these are good antimalware programs also run ADWcleaner (free) to remove addons and potentionally unwanted programs (PUPs)

johnboyce 19:42 18 Jul 2015

I too had Cinema Plus loaded onto my Desktop computer unknowningly . I got rid of it by using AD-Aware from Trust pilot and lavasoft.com . I also started my computer in safe mode by keeping my ginger on the button F8 st the top of the keyboard - this means the computer starts with out connecting to the Internet which means you can uninstall Cinema Plus sucessfully . Cinema Plus is an add-on so you need to click the three lines " open menu " at top r/h side and click this to delete add-on's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?