Credentials

March Wind 12:57 25 Jun 2012

I have Windows 7, Just this min taken my credentials off the laptop with my email address on and password. Now I am told this was wrong very wrong. If I do a restart do you think that would correct it> or is there anything else I should do to get it back to the way it was with my email etc on

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:07 25 Jun 2012

What exactly do you mean by "taken off my credentials"? What did you do to achieve this?

northumbria61 13:13 25 Jun 2012

Try a system restore.

March Wind 13:25 25 Jun 2012

I went into Manage your Credentials, then I went down the list (I think Windows Credentials, Certificate based credentials) and Defiantly Generic Credentials. Everything I saw with my email address, I took off. as I no long want that address on my Windows Laptop.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:37 25 Jun 2012

will not stop you rebooting and getting back into the machine however it may stop you accessing your network (if you have one)

you can edit your credentials at any time.

Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.

In the left pane, click Manage your credentials.

Click the vault that contains the credential that you want to remove.

Click the credential that you want to remove, and then click Remove from vault.

lotvic 13:48 25 Jun 2012

First you have to read and understand what Credential Manager is for ClickHere then you decide what you want the outcome to be and adjust the settings accordingly.

As a general rule of thumb for anyone using a pc: Don't go blindly ahead clicking on things and altering settings and deleting stuff unless you understand what the outcome should be.

It makes it nigh on impossible for anyone to help you put it right if you can't explain what you did and the result you wanted to achieve.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie