Creative Zen Touch

Kibo Kid 19:35 31 Dec 2004

I do a lot of travelling overseas and have bought the Creative Zen Touch so that I can copy my original CDs to it, and not have to lug them around.

(1) Should I use WMA 10 or the Creative MediaSource as the primary default application?

(2) Do I HAVE to keep a libray on my computer and synchronise? What can't I just copy (how?) from the CD (via WMA or CMS) and then delete the CD tracks from my hard disk after copying to the Zen Touch?

(3) How much space does the average music CD take on the HD? What about a classical music CD that lasts about 40 minutes or more, how much space?

Happy New Year!

Kibo Kid

Curio 20:48 31 Dec 2004

1. WMA files are smaller than MP3.
2. Once the files are on your player you can delete them from your PC, but you lose the backup if you need to reinstall.
3.Use something Like Musicmatch (free) to convert your files from the CD to MP3 or WMA. An hour long CD (in MP3 format) is about 70 mb)

fire 21:54 31 Dec 2004

i have purchased a zen touch and had initial problems but if you use nomad explorer which is supplied with it then it is a matter of drag and drop to player. for encoding i recommend audiogtabber with lame encoder and use min of 128 kbs...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone