Creative Zen Sleek Photo

Monoux 12:26 25 Apr 2008

This has stopped being recognised by it's own software which says it is not connected.

I've tried reinstalling but no change

Device manager shows it under Windows portable devices which I think is 'grabbing' the player as it is plugged in.

I think its like file associations but with a device.

Does anyone know how I can stop this happening please

Monoux 18:42 25 Apr 2008

anyone?

Technotiger 18:59 25 Apr 2008

Un-install it again using click here, this will get rid of any left-overs and enable you to do a clean re-install.

Technotiger 19:02 25 Apr 2008

PS - during the un-install you will be given the option to Choose All, and then Delete - do so!

Technotiger 19:05 25 Apr 2008

Sorry, another PS - if you are asked if you want to Restart your computer mid-way through the operation, decline, then restart the computer after Revo has done its stuff

Monoux 11:07 26 Apr 2008

Technotiger-- Thanks -- done all that and reinstalled nothing has changed still says player not connected because is has been grabbed by WPD

Any other ideas -- anyone ?

Technotiger 13:08 26 Apr 2008

Hmm, I thought it was a windows portable device!

In device manager, have you tried to right-click on it and then update driver?

Monoux 15:42 26 Apr 2008

I think that is where things are going wrong. It should be associated with its own software not WPD. I've also tried to use open with but it is not shown as an option when you look at the devices in my computer.

I can't think of anything else to do apart throw it in the bin. Any ideas welcome

Technotiger 16:26 26 Apr 2008

Maybe I am missing something, but I thought any external device like the Zen would show up in Devices as a WPD - for instance, my Nokia mobile phone shows up as a WPD, even though it has its own software installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?