creative soundcard driver grief

helfit 19:39 18 Oct 2003

Running XP prof. Recently bought Creative Audigy2 platignum to replace previous creative soundcard (not onboard).Followed manif.instructions to remove old soundcard and fit new one. All seemed fine, updated drivers etc, all the functions for new soundcard were working great. Re- booted computer a few days later and found that XP had re-installed drivers etc for the old card and all my newly installed software nolonger seems to exist.
Has any one else had similar probs upgrading sound card and has anyone found a solution?

Socalled 19:49 18 Oct 2003

try removing your sound card in safe mode,then actualy remove it from your mobo,restart your pc check there is no trace,then shutdown and put soundcard back in,restart pc and then install the latest drivers.

click here

Joanne_1 19:52 18 Oct 2003

I have a similar problem, same card and OS except mine shows its correctly installed but when I go to play any audio it says it has problems, does your motherboard have a via chipset because I was wondering if that might be the problem. Or has anyone else heard of similar problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie