Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS / No sound!

hodder 16:23 07 Sep 2006

Hi there,
I have just fitted the above sound card but can't get any sound out of my speakers. I have installed upto date drivers (5.12.8.1164) from creative site and checked all leads and connectors, all ok. I have checked in device manager and there are no conflicts, nothing is muted and everything to do with sound is enabled and working properly. The onboard sound is disabled in the BIOS. Win XP home, Asus A7V600 mobo.
p.s. in volume control if i move the device volume control to the right i get a sound, but i can't play system sounds.
Thanks in anticipation, Bob.

GaT7 17:48 07 Sep 2006

First, reboot your PC & see if it helps.

If not, uninstall the card, drivers & software, then reinstall everything. Follow this method click here.

I know the above sounds silly but TRY it.

Every once in a while, for no good reason my Audigy 2 stops working - no sound. Uninstalling, then reinstalling the lot & a reboot works every time.

If no joy with above click here, & on "No sound from your Sound Blaster card" & follow the troubleshooting steps.

Where did you get the card from may I ask? Is it brand new? If you're unable to get it to work despite trying everything you may have a dead card??

Good luck, G

GaT7 18:35 07 Sep 2006

"Every once in a while, for no good reason my Audigy 2 stops working - no sound. Uninstalling, then reinstalling the lot & a reboot works every time."

Actually, just uninstalling the card in Device Mgr & rebooting solves the problem for me 9 times out of 10 : ) G

skell 21:36 07 Sep 2006

goto start/run type dxdiag and see if the sound test works. report any errors that may appear.

hodder 09:48 08 Sep 2006

Hi there,
Many thanks for your replies, i've tried everything you suggested but still no sound. Iam now going to re-install my old card to prove it isn't anything else. The card was second hand off ebay (don't laugh too hard). I ran dx diagnostic and there was no sound, it said it 'failed at step 19'.
Oh well, thanks again for your help,
Regards, Bob.

hodder 12:17 08 Sep 2006

Hi there,
I've taken out the audigy card and re-installed the old sb live card and everything seems to work fine so i presume it was a faulty card.

Thanks for your help,
Regards, Bob.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?