creative projects

conrail 09:26 17 May 2007

daughter using hp pavillion pc with xp home,on startup it looks for 'scancam creative products', cannot find this under start all programs or control panel add/remove,
I have run regedit 3 times to clear both scancam and creative products yet pc still looks for this program when loading xp, any ideas please

MAJ 09:29 17 May 2007

Have you checked if there's an entry for it in msconfig?

recap 09:29 17 May 2007

Have you installed a Creative product lately, say a web cam? If so, connect the web cam/device and register it.

birdface 09:34 17 May 2007

If you have uninstalled it recently,If you run C Cleaner it may get rid of any bits left over,If you have C Cleaner installed on your computer there is a new up-date for it,So up-date it before you run it.

conrail 09:37 17 May 2007

thanks for prompt replies, nothing in msconfig and haven't used anything from creative products or a webcam, have checked their wedsite to see list of programs and software to check if any installed, but if there is nothing in the registry of msconfig then I would have thought it shouldn't come up?

conrail 09:50 17 May 2007

CCleaner has not helped but thanks for suggestion

MAJ 09:54 17 May 2007

A search on scancam also suggests a HP scanner, do you or have you hada HP scanner installed?

conrail 11:13 17 May 2007

the only HP item is the pc itself but that came with a cannon all in one printer/scanner/fax/etc.

birdface 12:09 17 May 2007

Have you tried ,Start, Search,Typed in Scancam and see what it finds.

Technotiger 12:33 17 May 2007

Hi, other than running CCleaner, did you look in CCleaners Tools and run the Uninstaller there?

conrail 15:02 17 May 2007

thanks Technotiger, did not try that, I will email daughter and ask her to look

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?