Creative modem DSL router and Vista

celticdragon 19:57 21 May 2007

Hi Folks, I think i've been rather rash and bought this Creative Modem (model 8133U) as it was on special offer. I mainly bought it coz it was cheap and had an Ethernet connection. My previous modem was a speedtouch 330, with usb connection.
I'm currently running Vista and I can't get them to work together. My reasoning when i bought it was it wouldn't need any drivers as it's connected via Ethernet. Therefore, it was bound to work with Vista.
However, I can't get it to work at all. All the front lights come on ok, it just won't connect.
Any Ideas on how to resolve this will be greatly appreciated. Creative's web site says its no longer supported! I know i should have checked before buying, stupid me! Thanks.

Ashrich 21:26 21 May 2007

When you say it won't connect , what won't it connect to ? Have you been through the set up pages in the router and entered your login details correctly ? Can you get to the set up pages ? Do you get an IP address from the router ?

Ashley

Ashrich 21:43 21 May 2007

Can you get this far click here(5332),Kb=ww_english_add,VARSET=ws:click here ?

Ashley

Ashrich 21:45 21 May 2007

We'll try that URL again !! click here(5332),Kb=ww_english_add,VARSET=ws:click here hows that ...

Ashley

Ashrich 21:47 21 May 2007

No , it doesn't seem to like that address , I think it may be too long for this forum to handle , anyway the Wan IP to get to the set up page is 192.168.1.1 , take it from there !! .

Ashley

celticdragon 22:12 21 May 2007

Thanks for your replies Ashley. Yes, I can get to the Ip address 192.168.1.1. Once I've done that and enter my ISP login details it fails to connect. I did the diagnostic test and its failing at the PPPOA stage i think, if that makes any sense!

Ashrich 22:47 21 May 2007

I have been looking for the set up pdf for this router but can't find one anywhere , but I see it is still for sale at Scan Computers , odd that Creative no longer support it but you can buy it still in the Uk ! Obviously a router problem , not a Vista one ...

Ashley

celticdragon 22:54 21 May 2007

Thats exactly where i bought it from Ashley! I knew about the Vista compatability issues with drivers, but thought it would be fine if I connected via Ethernet. I'm very confused as i'm deffo no expert, as you may have realised already!

Probabilitydrive 07:19 22 May 2007

Not an answer to your query but an alternative; speedtouch 330 can be updated to run with Vista. install Vista drivers from click here

celticdragon 14:17 22 May 2007

Thanks for the suggestion Probabilitydrive but i can get the usb speedtouch to work fine with vista, i've got the updated drivers for it. However, i wanted to get the new router working with Ethernet connections to save on system resources, if possible.

Dipso 21:52 22 May 2007

Do you only have the one Vista PC? Could you not borrow a friend laptop with a lesser OS and set it up with that. Once it's up and running you shouldn't need to configure it again.

If it fails with another OS then maybe the router is faulty?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?