Creating a website?

Ray5776 18:06 14 Feb 2008

Hi everyone,
A friend of mine has asked my advice on creating his own websites, something I know little about but I said I would try and find him a starting point.
He runs a small building company and wants to create a site for that. He is also a musician and wants another site for his band.
Can anyone guide us in the right direction please.

Ray

GEEKSTA 18:14 14 Feb 2008

Making flash objects can be very attractive or give a professional look.

MAT ALAN 18:23 14 Feb 2008

why not ask the question in our "webdesign" forum you will get answers there from people who are more qualified..

One thing they will tell you, NO FLASH!!!!

GEEKSTA 18:28 14 Feb 2008

why no flash??

MAT ALAN 18:31 14 Feb 2008
  MAJ 18:40 14 Feb 2008

No Flash and no sound. As it'll be a site for a band, that might sound silly, but it's better if you give the visitors the option to download the music, rather than have it playing when the site opens............... nothing as bad as music on a site, although Flash is a close second.

Ray5776 19:03 14 Feb 2008

i did try the web design forum first but few replies, flash whatever it is seems to be way ahead of the basics that we need to get started.

ray

MAT ALAN 19:08 14 Feb 2008

click here

click here

Maybe a good place to start..

Graham. 19:10 14 Feb 2008

Here's one of my sites click here
If you get a domain name, you can point it at the Piczo site so the URL is not so cumbersome.

Ray5776 20:48 14 Feb 2008

Thanks everyone for your replies and links, starting to get somewhere.

ray

Bramblerose 20:49 14 Feb 2008

I have just created a very nice website with a programme called Ewisoft Website builder click here

There is a free download which is obviously limited in some of the things you can do but it only works out at about £20 to get a license and it is very easy to use.

There are some templates with it or you can write/get a template to convert to use with it.

Good help pages as well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?