Creating a DVD

blazingbadger 08:45 23 Sep 2009

I created a dvd of a concert way back in in 1986 as a one off for a friend however it played OK on my dvd player but it wont play on his can any body give possible pointers as to why. also which do we use in England PAL or NTFS Thanks guys

blazingbadger 08:56 23 Sep 2009

It should be NTSC Not NTFS

awest3 08:58 23 Sep 2009

we us PAL in the UK.

Why it does not play probably depends on the type of DVD being used -R , +R or RW versions. Some players only play one or the other. There are a few other reasons like region (should not be a problem with home created though). Most of the later DVD players play most formats.

If you include the type of DVD and players you are trying to use I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to sort it..you may have to load it to a pc and create another DVD in the required format.

Al

awest3 08:59 23 Sep 2009

seem to be having problems with my 'E' key for us read use.
Al

blazingbadger 09:08 23 Sep 2009

The DVD is Signalex DVD-R I wont know the player until later tonight when I contact the lad

rickd 09:44 23 Sep 2009

Not sure if you mean you created the DVD on your PC, or on a DVD player. If you created the dvd on a player, it will only play on that player unless you "finalise" it.
Check if this was set to happen. If not, set it to finalise, then burn it again.

blazingbadger 10:07 23 Sep 2009

Done on my Computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?