Creating a DVD

snowy30 00:32 15 May 2007

Hi

I'm trying to copy three or four episodes onto a DVD. I converted them from AVI to DVD files using DVD flick, last night I tried converting two of them and for some reason DVD Flick would not pass 'Authorise'...so I tried the same two this afternoon individually to see if one is corrupted but they wasn't maybe it had something to do with the name of the folder I was saving them to, the name being DVD~1. Anyways them two are done, the other two I done some days ago without any trouble.

Now I want to copy the said three or four episodes to disc, depending what the disc can hold. Using Nero, once you add Video_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO and the VTS files it won't accept any more from the other folders. I tried renaming the files deleting the 'VIDEO' and 'VTS' at first then put them back in again and adding episode numbers but they Nero won't accept them.

Is there any other way?

Diversion 01:04 15 May 2007

You should have added all 3 or 4 AVI's at the same time, and converted the whole lot in one go. And if they are seperate episodes don't use the merge utility when writing them to the DVD, you can edit and produce a menu for each episode if that's what you want.

281apple 08:59 15 May 2007

On my computer I can not burn folders onto a DVD but I can burn files. If I have several files in a folder, I burn them separately and it works. Try it and let me know cause I'm the subject interests me.

281apple 09:00 15 May 2007
  jimv7 09:47 15 May 2007

Since you have nero installed, use nero vision express, create a dvd , add the original files and follow onscreen instuctions.

Diversion 22:21 15 May 2007

Who's thread is this? I thought snowy30 started this thread, so what is 281apple coming up with an entirely different problem for?

snowy30 02:07 16 May 2007

Not much help here then, one points out the obvious the other has a different problem.

MAJ 07:51 16 May 2007

Why are you using DVDFlick (good though it is) when you have Nero? Nero will do the whole process for you. Use the "Make your own DVD movie" option in Nero, Add the AVI files to your 'Project' (that's what Nero calls it) until the DVD is showing as full, choose/create and edit your menu and titles and away you go. Nero will then encode and burn the AVI files to DVD so that they can be viewed on your standalone DVD player and TV.

snowy30 19:00 16 May 2007

Now I feel daft! I didn't realise Nero could convert AVI files to a DVD file.

With what has been going on round here I overlooked a simple solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone