Creating a document using email content

oo7juk 13:02 19 Jan 2010

Hi,

I have to create a document to submit to a third party. I have been sent 140 emails which I need to transfer to a document.

I'm not sure the best way to do this?

I'm using Lotus Notes and have excel/word available.

I thought of creating a table in word with headings and copying and pasting data.

Is there an easier way to do this.

Thanks,

lotvic 13:59 19 Jan 2010

As you have given few (no) details of scenario and what the third party is wanting from the emails it is difficult to advise.

I suggest you ask the third party how they want them presented, for example is it just the text contents copied and pasted or do they want the complete email with headers and message sources?

If the latter then you could just save a copy of them to a file folder and send them the folder and they could then open each email with their mail program/reader.

Terry Brown 14:05 19 Jan 2010

First create a folder on your hard drive for storing emails.(preferably Outlook or outlook Express) (e.g. c:saved emails)

Open Email client, and arrange screen so both the new folder and the Email client are open.

Hightlight the Emails you want to use and drag them to the new folder.

Once you have done that,all you need to do is to open the saved email,- Just click and they will open in the right client-- and copy it into word.

Once it is word, edit it like any other document.

As a bonus, you now have a pernament copy of those emails which you can save to a memory stick or CD, and the originals (in the email client) can safely be deleted.

Terry

oo7juk 12:41 21 Jan 2010

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?