Creating CD from recovery partition

Quiet Life 17:59 21 May 2009

On my main PC I installed Windows7 on same drive as XP Home as Windows7 would not recognise my second drive where I had planned to instal it.
Windows XP has become slightly corrupt regarding Webcam and Moviemaker and Sfc/acannow calls for a XP Home cd with SP3 in order to correct some system files.
I have a Medion netbook purchased with XP Home SP3 preinstalled and would like to make a CD from the recovery partition to use in main PC to hopefully restore the corrupted files.
The back up discs that I created for the PC do not contain SP3 and are not recognised.
I have external drives and 4gb flash drive that I could use in mowing info. to prepare the CD
Help appreciated.

Rahere 18:06 21 May 2009

your medion will have their specific drivers etc and other files so won't work with the desktop.

You need to borrow a full XP Home install cd to run this. Or have you got the original CD you might use that if you uninstall SP3...just a thought as I'm not sure if that will work.

lotvic 23:14 23 May 2009

If you have the i386 folder and SP3 you will be able to make your own XP SP3 cd
Google for a howto guide. There are a couple of progs that others on here have used.

phono 00:09 24 May 2009

How to Create a Bootable Windows XP Setup Disk on a Preinstalled / Preloaded Windows System, see this click here

Quiet Life 18:34 26 May 2009

Thank you all for the input. Spent a lot of time creating discs on Phono's link. But answer was always "Wrong disc inserted" when it called for the disc.
Then tried adjusting the registry as per this link
click here But again no success.
Created a bootable CD using Seagate Disc Wizard with i386 incorporated but again when called for the disc was not recognised.
Definitely would have been quicker reinstalling everything which is now the nezt step.
Hate to get beaten but it happens!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?