createing software

stephen0205 16:24 27 Sep 2005

i would like to create my own software and i know programming is involved so i was wondering if there was an easy way to do it like software that lets you create software and if there are any can u please recommend some or some internet sites or ebooks to lear programming needed for this hobbie.

Lozzy 16:27 27 Sep 2005

What software are you wanting to write?? Java?? Visual C++, please define as there is many different languages out there.

stephen0205 16:48 27 Sep 2005

i dont know what i need i wanted to write software to burn and copy dvd and an anti virus so what launguage do i use

Yoda Knight 16:53 27 Sep 2005

That type of software takes years of learning and experience to be able to create. You would probably need to do a few courses through a Uni or similar, although you can get the answers to all your queries on the net. "C" is the most powerfull language, but VB is easier and can do just about everything anyway.

Good luck.

Kenneth-266656 17:07 27 Sep 2005

Agree with Yoda Knight try VB6. If you get the developers version it has a built in compiler so you can end up with an executable file that will run on any computer that has a suitable OS such as XP. You work with objects and properties which makes it a lot simpler than some codes.

01chris 17:10 27 Sep 2005

I assume you mean visual basic. If so is it free? And do you need the .net framework?

Diemmess 17:12 27 Sep 2005

Your target is very sophisticated stuff! Why else would even simple software have a market price?

Most programs are the development of an older idea which gose back through generations of people and thousands of hours. They are also fiercely protective of their source code even if it is freeware.

If you want to learn how to write even the simplest program, start with some heavy reading. You can browse Google for ideas for programming.

Eastender 17:23 27 Sep 2005

Leopard is probably one of the best to begin programming with and it's free. Trouble is it's so popular, the site is often overloaded click here and I think click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?