Create slideshow, burn to dvd.

Joe R 17:53 17 Jun 2005

Hi all,

what I am looking for is software, which will allow me to create a slideshow/s on dvd of approximately 900 photos of my kids.

I must be able to burn this file, so that it will play on a home dvd, as it will be sent to various locations. ( in-laws, outlaws, and relatives I didn't know existed ):).

Any pointers would be much appreciated, and I have a budget of between £75-£100.

baldyx 18:28 17 Jun 2005

I use MemoriesOnTv software from click here.

It has several effects and you can add your music as well. I am not sure about 900+photos but you can check with their help support which is very good.

chub_tor 18:52 17 Jun 2005

I use Roxio Media Creator 7.5 and have created several slideshows with it. It's easy to use, you can add sound and even make the slide show match the length of the sound. The DVD slideshow (MyDVD Slideshow) is actually a Sonic programme - Sonic have recently acquired Roxio. No limit on number of slides as far as I know - only a space limitation depending on the quality of slides that you want to show.

hssutton 19:54 17 Jun 2005

Have a look here click here a few examples of what you can do with Proshow Gold. I've tried just about all the slideshow programs and IMO this is the best.

g0nvs 19:59 17 Jun 2005

As hssutton suggests, Pro-Show Gold for me is the best Photo Slideshow program I have used. First class results everytime. Much better than Memories on TV.

Joe R 20:09 17 Jun 2005

Thank you all for your suggestions.

My daughter has just informed me she has a copy of roxio media creator 7.0, and says that it will create a slideshow, and burn it to DVD.

She bought it last year, but has never installed it as she prefers Nero.!

I will have a look at this, plus Proshow Gold, ( I like the examples ), and will let you know what I opt for at the start of next week.

Thank you again.

jack 20:25 17 Jun 2005

Most slide shows are PC oriented - ie the slide show creates a small program that can be used on a PC or sent over the internet.
This type of show will not run on a DVD player.

There are many types of player with differing firmware and not all -even among the pricey ones can cope with all types of discs.

The simplest way of dealing with this is simply order the images in the sequence you want by numbering them and burn as JPEG images direct to the disc.

Most -though not all players will run straight JPEGS,

Here is a program that will do all these things in cluding adding music tracks

click here Basic version is free
Pro version approx £15

dth 11:54 19 Jan 2006

Sorry to jump into this posting (but is seems a shame to start a new one). Is it possible to use Nero to create a slideshow DVD with about 20 pictures (all jpgs).

I am guessing that this is possible but can't work out how to do it?

Many thanks

Bagsey 13:33 19 Jan 2006

I am using DVD Pixplay from click here
A trial version is free and the full version costs about £15. It burns DVD. Vcd. Svcd. among other formats. The support from their forum at click here excellent. I think good value for money.

dth 14:57 19 Jan 2006

Thanks Bagsey - looks just the ticket

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?