Create one dvd and remove adverts etc. Please Help

dannysroda 23:03 14 Mar 2006

Hi

I need some software that will allow me to edit out the adverts and create a menu for about 6 episodes of a programme that I have taped from tv on to DVDRW with my dvd recorder. Then I can burn on to one DVDR to keep, all nicely edited.

What would be he best software for this?

cheers

Danny

johnnyrocker 23:31 14 Mar 2006

i like your thinking, i cant help but a bump might get the ghost shift involved who are quite good.

johnny.

€dstowe 06:57 15 Mar 2006

Won't your DVD recorder allow you to edit disks?

The edit facilities I've seen on many standalone DVD recorders is a bit basic but, it does as it's supposed to and allow you to cut out the bits you don't want.

dannysroda 07:49 15 Mar 2006

would pinnacle studio do this?

dannysroda 07:50 15 Mar 2006

what is a bump and who are the ghost shift?

€dstowe 09:15 15 Mar 2006

Pinnacle is a sledge hammer to crack a small bean. It would take many hours while Pinnacle thinks about it, goes through a lot of motions whilst doing not very much and the telling you either it can't complete the process or presenting you with a useless disk.

Check in your recorder manual for the easy way out.

Bump is just a random(ish) word that takes your post to the top of the list and the ghost shift are the contributors who are here at odd times like the middle of the night in the case of overseas members and early risers (like me).

David4637 16:27 15 Mar 2006

Pinnacle Studio v9 would work(I have done what you want to do), but it does take about 1.5 extra for 1 hour of real time to render. I would be interested in knowing a simple prog not costing an arm or a leg? David

ACOLYTE 16:44 15 Mar 2006

If you know what parts of the dvd is adverts you may be able to do it with dvddecrypter copy the dvd to hard drive and select main movie only when you do this "may" cut the adverts out depending if they are on a seperate file and dvddecrypter can see that they are not part of the episodes.It does give you a list of files on the dvd so you should be able to copy just what u need but you would need to know what files are the programs and what are adverts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?