Create a new Contacts list in Outlook 2003

anchor 13:41 09 Apr 2006

I have Outlook 2003, with SP2.

I use the Outlook address book when I write my e-mails. I wish to print out this list, but I see the only way is to print from the contacts list. This appears to be an old one, (backed up from previous versions of Outlook, with old and duplicated entries. It does not contain the new entries added recently.

I would like to create a new contact list based on my current Outlook address book. Can this be done, and if so, how?.

beynac 14:09 09 Apr 2006

Look in Outlook help. Search for; "Convert your Personal Address Book to a Contacts folder". Basically, you import it into the Contacts folder.

You could create a new Contacts folder (Ctrl+Shift+E and select "Contact Items" from the "Folder Contains.." box) or empty the old one and use that.

muscic lover 14:53 09 Apr 2006

^

anchor 15:01 09 Apr 2006

beynac: Thank you for your reply. It seems from reading the MS site that Outlook 2003 does not create a personal address book, (pab file).

There is not a pab file on my PC.

beynac 15:30 09 Apr 2006

anchor: When you said that your Contacts folder didn't have all of the addresses, I assumed they were in a Personal Address Book. Do you know where they are held?

The Outlook Address Book is just a binder that stores all of your other address books and address lists. If we can find out where they are held, then we should be able to print them or import them into a new Contacts folder.

anchor 15:03 11 Apr 2006

beynac: Thanks for your reply. The problem is I don`t know where this information is held.

Can anyone throw light on this?.

anchor 16:29 14 Apr 2006

Can anyone help?

Marsh Warden © ™ 16:45 14 Apr 2006

does this help click here

anchor 16:06 18 Apr 2006

Marsh Warden © ™

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, from the advice on the MS link page, it seems it would only add "old" entries from the contact list, to my up to date Outlook address book.

It seems this problem is a real "puzzler".

anchor 13:21 19 Apr 2006

It seems this problem may be unresolvable. We have so many "experts" on the forum who, unfortunately, appear to be without a solution.

Nevertheless, I live in hope.

Marsh Warden © ™ 14:43 19 Apr 2006

Have you tried this:-

Under Tools - Email Accounts select add a new directory or address book, copy and paste those contacts you want from the old address book to the new.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?